Benchmarx refocuses offer

19 Aug, 13

Year-long review to simplify choice and improve stock availability

Following a year-long review, Benchmarx Kitchens and Joinery has rationalised its range to simplify choice and improve availability, for its trade customers.

The company, which has 85 branches nationwide, reduced its product offer from 3,000 to 2,000 SKUs with 90% of its lines now available ex-stock. The stock  is held is a 50,000sq ft distribution centre, with the remaining 10% of products available within 48 hours.

To lessen the complexity of its offer, Benchmarx has limited its number of suppliers with appliances now only provided by Electrolux with its AEG, Zanussi and Benchmarx own-label Neue brand. While all its sinks are provided by Astracast and brassware is from iFlo. In addition, it has ensured the kitchen furniture bears the same configuration, with all having 18mm carcase and end panels. 

Sponsored Video

Commercial director of Benchmarx and Joinery, Terry Brown said it was not to purposely deskill the jobs of its designers but the company wants to make the quoting process quicker. He commented: “Though we have taken a gamble, the push-back from our customers has been very little. We have got less of a complex range but it means we can carry more in stock.”