The Builders Merchant Building Index (BMBI) has welcomed sales and marketing director of Lakes Bathrooms Mike Tattam as an expert on the shower enclosure and shower market.
He brings with him more than 30 years’ experience in the construction industry, working with merchants, stockists and suppliers.
Brand of the Builders Merchant’s Federation, the BMBI has 14 experts who speak exclusively for their markets, and measures Repair, Maintenance and Improvement activity in the UK.
Using GfK’s Builders Merchant Point of Sale Tracking Data which analyses sales out data from over 80% of generalist builders’ merchants, it provides a monthly report and quarterly in-depth review.
The panel of experts adds perspective and context to the data, highlight opportunities and, where appropriate, makes the case for or against legislation, industry schemes or government policy.
Tattam commented on joining the BMBI as an expert: “I’ve been following the BMBI since it was set up in 2015 and see it as the go-to platform for reliable industry data and trends.
“It’s also a recognised platform for positioning your brand as the authoritative voice of the market, adding insight and meaning to the data from the perspective of the industry.
“Lakes is a leading manufacturer and supplier of premium showering spaces, with over 30 years’ experience of working with builders’ merchants and stockists.”
Lakes Bathrooms recently ht 99.3% production quality rating from its merchant customers.
Tattam will join the following experts:
- Managing director of Heatrae Sadia Paul Rivett
- Sales director of Ibstock Tony France
- Managing director of Timbmet Nigel Cox
- Managing director of Knauf Insulation John Sinfield
- Merchant development director of Encon Insulation Mike Beard
- Managing director of Keylite Roof Windows John Duffin
- National commercial director of Hanson Cement Andy Simpson
- Managing director of Keystone Lintels Derrick McFarland
- Group managing director of The Crystal Group Steve Halford
- Divisional director of distribution at IKO Paul Owen
- Managing director of Alumasc Water Management Solution Steve Durdant-Hollamby
- Group sales and marketing director of Talasey Group Malcolm Gough
- Trade merchants sales director of Dulux Trade Paul Roughan