The Kitchen Bathroom Buying Group (KBBG), part of DER KREIS, has created a Five Point Business Support Plan to benefit independent kitchen, bathroom and bedroom retailers, encouraging its suppliers to support the plan for the future of the industry.
After the government announces that UK retail businesses can re-open showrooms to the public, suppliers to the KBBG that agree to the five point plan will commit to:
- Continue to offer credit facilities to independent retailers
- Sustain prices until the end of the year
- Maintain stock levels and pre-lock down delivery schedules
- Introduce special offers and promotions exclusively for independent kbb retailers
- Where there is a DER KREIS bonus scheme for members, the first tier of target will be cancelled, to ensure that sales achieved throughout 2020 will receive, at least, the first level of bonus payment
Bill Miller, Managing Director, KBBG, comments: “Since proposing the Five Point Business Support Plan to our suppliers, the response has been extremely positive and includes wide-ranging support across the kbb spectrum. Nearly all of our suppliers have agreed to the plan, offering significant support for our members and independent kbb retailers.”
In attempt to support members in the most beneficial way possible, the KBBG has also paid qualifying members their 2019 bonus two months early, in order to give them a much-needed cash injection.
Bill continues: “The KBBG is doing its utmost to support members during this extraordinary time. We appreciate agreeing to the Five Point Business Support Plan is asking a lot of our suppliers at a very difficult and uncertain time, however commitment to our plan will give a boost for independent retailers at a time when they need it the most. The coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis is one of the biggest challenges our industry has ever had to face. Once restrictions have lifted, it’s vitally important for the KBB industry to pull together and support one another, helping independent retailers through this unprecedented time.”