Fourth year for SBID Awards, held at the Dorchester Hotel
The Society of British and International Design has named the winners of its 2014 awards, which saw presentations across 15 categories, spanning commercial and residential design
This year saw a 15% rise in entries, with over 30 countries represented including the UK, Canada, USA, UAE and Turkey.
The winners for 2014 included:
- KBB Project award – Mal Corboy Design for Hekarua Bay in Waiheke Island, New Zealand.
- Overall Winner Award – Acumen Design Associates for The First Apartments First Class Suites for Etihad Airways
- Retail Design – Taiwan DaE International Design
- Hotel Design – Wilson Associates
- Intelligent Design – Avocado Sweets
- Interior Design Project under £1m – Hill House Interiors
- New Build and Development – YTM Group & The Drawing Room Interiors
- Interior Design Project over £1m –Exclusiva Design
- Residential Product – Ace Interior Design
- Contract Product – Bagno Sasso Mobil
- Restaurant and Bar Design – B+H Architects for Stratus Bar & Restaurant
- Support Services – Paul Nulty Lighting Design
- Entertainment Space – HBA/Hirsch Bedner Associates
- Residential Retrofit Projects – Mar City Homes
- Public Space – Pringle Brandon Perkins+Will
- Visualisation (3D Renderings) – Architecture and Design by Oleg Klodt.
In addition, the SBID Fellow of the Year was awarded to Bill Kenwright CBE for his services to the creative industries.
SBID president Vanessa Brady commented: “Year after year we are astonished by the volume of entries and support received. The SBID Awards continue to mark its place as one of the finest celebrations of design excellence, securing its international edge at the forefront of design.”